Let's get it started

Well, who would have ever thought I'd finally start a blog! I didn't think I'd ever give in to the masses; however now that I'm doing it, I regret all the other times I haven't and all the trips I've taken where I didn't do such. So. Here. I. Go!

First of all, a lot of changes have commenced in my recent life that I'll go ahead and hit on...as most of you know, my precious dog Baxter was tragically run over by a car and he died. This was hard for me because, although he may or may not have been a little rowdy and hard to handle, he was my baby and I loved how unique he was! He was precious. But I don't want to dwell on that...rather, the recent change that is impacted by Baxter's passing is a new dog. Thanks, Mom & Dad! She's about 9 weeks old right now and her name is Macy. She's alot calmer than Baxter ever was ;) but I think they would have gotten along great. Baxter looked like Yoda and Macy looks like an Ewok--so I'm pretty much covering all the Star Wars characters.  Let's hope I don't get a pet that looks like Java the Hut anytime soon...








     


Also, I graduated May 14th, 2010 with my masters degree in business (MBA, International Business). This was exciting because it was something I did for me and something I wanted to accomplish on a personal level. I so enjoyed the program and what I learned along the way--can't believe it's already over and done! In conjunction with this, I am now a full time employee at Tyler and I'm really excited about it. I think it'll be a great opportunity and one that I'll love; it'll be a job to excel at and learn from; it'll be a chance to kick off my career and look to the future.

The Lord has been blessing me greatly with these opportunities...the coolest things I can say about these recent changes is that I can now feel the Lord's peace. I think most of my life, I've known about His bestowment of peace and His gift of grace. Of course it's there. But have I ever really consciously felt it? Not sure...but either way, at this time in my life I'm embracing it with open arms and thanking Him for that.

I head to Jordan one week from today! A great adventure to add to my plate of travels is about to be underway...I'll keep you updated--throughout the trip and beyond that. As mentioned earlier, I didn't ever consider a blog before, but now I see it's uses and I'm going to need accountability to help me keep it active! So feel free to comment, email me, facebook me, skype me, poke me, elbow me, snap at me or whatever else needs to be done and tell me to get on with the blog writing! K, thanks :)


~ "may you stay here, happy in your own skin on the ninth cloud" ~

Comments

  1. Amazing resemblance of Baxter & Macy to Star Wars characters -- a bit uncany! I'm glad you've started a blog -- will be so great to hear of your adventures quickly! Love the picture of you & your brown hair! :) I could tell by the tone of your voice lately that you seemed happy & calm! The peace of our Lord is ever present and waiting for us to bask in it's presence - His presence! I so love you, M.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment